Technology helped the healthcare industry to cope up with the growing patient demands and competition in the market. However, when the pandemic hit, it exposed other technological challenges they were facing and highlighted the need for robust digital solutions. But the healthcare industry’s core capabilities do not lie in technology, so how do they innovate? They can do it with the help of IT managed services.
Read this blog as we tell you what IT managed services are and why the healthcare industry needs to adopt it.
IT Managed Services Can Help Healthcare Industry Save Time and Money.
IT managed services is a practice where companies can partner with technology providers to deliver cutting-edge digital solutions. This way the healthcare industry gets a chance to reap the benefits of the latest technologies without having to invest time and money in doing it by themselves.
Areas Where IT- Managed Services Can Help the Healthcare Industry
The pandemic has shown the need to add scalable digital infrastructure that can help the healthcare industry to maintain compliance, easily access and share patient information, and protect data. Though the in-house IT team was taking care of most of these requirements, they now needed to switch their focus on rapidly preparing the existing infrastructure for new needs and increased usage.
Below are some areas where IT managed services can help the healthcare industry to upgrade without increasing the overheads cost.
- The sudden influx of patients due to the pandemic made it impossible for physicians to access patient’s medical records scattered across multiple sources. A managed services partner can help the hospital to update its data sharing systems and provide options to retrieve information from a variety of sources.
- The social distancing norms made teleconsultation a compulsion. An IT managed services manager can help build a communication model based on the clientele, budget, and technical skills. From video conferencing facilities to building a comprehensive teleconsultation app, the possibilities are endless.
- IT service providers are also capable of implementing Intelligent Document Processing (IDP) solutions, which can help the healthcare industry to process their physical documents. This will not only increase accuracy but also reduce the manual work for the healthcare workers.
- A technology partner can help to put in place the infrastructure needed for disaster recovery and business continuity. For example, if the hospital’s database is hacked, disaster recovery solutions can help in minimizing downtime, recover losses and ensure unaffected patient care.
- IT partners can also help scale your existing infrastructure to accommodate the increased influx of patients. Additionally, the partner will also provide round-the-clock monitoring, additional workforce, and enterprise level tools to enforce best practices in back-ups, storage, and security.
The healthcare industry needs technology to carry out its core business activities effectively, but most of them do not have the infrastructure and expertise to develop and deploy technology. However, with the help of IT managed services, they can experience the benefits of advanced technology, without the hassle of investing in overheads or hiring professionals.
i2e Consulting is a trusted service provider for many organizations in the healthcare industry. Our team carries the expertise in providing tailor-made solutions that will fit your business needs. If you are interested in exploring the possibilities of IT managed services, then please fill in the form and we will contact you.